Metro Sports Classic Game Rules
RULES AND REGULATIONS
The National High School Federation Rules and Regulations will apply to all games with the following exceptions:
*ANY TEAM LISTED FIRST OR ON THE TOP OF THE BRACKET WILL BE THE HOME TEAM AND WEAR WHITE UNIFORMS.
1. All games will be played with two 16 minute stopped clock halves.
2. No game will start before the scheduled time, unless both coaches agree.
- There will be a minimum of a 5 minute warm-up period.
- Halftime will be 3 minutes
3. Each team will have two 30-second timeouts per half and one full timeout per game.
4. Overtime will be two minutes stopped clock with one additional 30-second time out.
5. Two direct technical fouls during a game on a player, coach or team representative with result in their disqualification for the next game of the tournament. Fighting and gross unsportsmanlike conduct can be more than one game and is at the discretion of the Tournament Director.
6. Each team is responsible for their warm-up basketballs.
7. The game clock will run once a team is leading by 30 points in either half.
8. Tiebreakers will be determined as follows:
- Two teams tied: Head-to-head results
- Three or more teams tied: Point differential system will be used.
- Teams will receive a point differential per game up to a maximum of plus 15 points for a win and minus 15 points for a loss.
- The team with the highest point total will win the tiebreaker. The second highest number will be the second seed, etc...
- If two teams are tied with the point system, it will go back to head-to-head.
- The teams not involved in the tiebreaker will have its games eliminated.
- If the teams are still tied, the team with the fewest points allowed in ALL pool play games will be the higher seed.
9. A forfeited game score is 20-0.
10. All consolation pairings (4th game) and championship play will occur on Friday and/or Saturday. Those games will be scheduled as records and above rules dictate.
Questions, see the Tournament Directors.