NCAA Recruiting Guidelines
High School Juniors, Sophomores, Freshmen and their
parent(s) or guardian(s):
- 'Contact' between a college coach and a prospect and his parent(s) or guardian(s) is prohibited. *
- May receive mail beginning September 1 of his junior year. (Exceptions: freshman and sophomores are allowed to receive a questionnaire and a camp brochure prior to September 1 of their junior year.)
- Cannot receive phone calls from college coaches.
- May call college coaches an unlimited number of times at their own expense. College coaches can accept the call but cannot return the call/message.
- May not speak face-to-face with a college coach unless the prospect is visiting the college campus at his own expense.
- During a visit to a college campus, a prospect is allowed a total of three complimentary tickets to any on-campus athletic competitions in any sport.
- College coaches are only allowed to observe/evaluate a prospect compete, practice or train a total of FIVE times during the ENTIRE school year.
- College coaches may only visit a high school once in any given week during the school year (except when observing consecutive days of a tournament or tier of a tournament).
- College coaches may only observe a workout, practice or game that is part of a prospect's normal high school or prepartory-school season and events that are approved, sanctioned, sponsored or conducted by the state high school association or the National Federation of State High School Associations.